A Faithful Dog
Neil loves to travel and he was so fond of forests. Whenever he plans for a holiday, he would choose a place that is blessed by Mother Nature.
To celebrate his son’s second birthday, he decided to stay and enjoy the celebration in woods, located at the lap of a mountain.
He with his family and friends, reached the village located near the woods and had his stay in the cottage. The cottage was located at the entrance of the dense forest, where the guests can view animals roaming in the nearby place.
Neil’s son saw a dog at the door and offered him a biscuit. The dog was happy and very soon the little boy befriended the dog.
On second day, the birthday of the boy was celebrated grandly in the woods within beautiful nature. The dog did not leave the boy even for a minute and they both became close pals.
The next day, Neil, his wife and others decided to go for hunting in the forest and arranged a babysitter to take care of the little for half a day.
After 3 hours, all the elders returned to the cottage and they seemed very tired. The dog saw Neil and others, it rushed to them and licked Neil’s shoes. The cottage was open and nobody was there.
Man with DogNeil’s wife was shocked to see the blood stains in the dog’s mouth and she shouted. All of them thought that the dog has killed Neil’s little boy.
Everyone was shocked to see the blood-spattered mouth and started to lash the dog. The dog screamed in pain. Neil hit the dog with his gun and it was wounded badly.
Hearing the dog’s screaming noise, the babysitter rushed to the entrance with Neil’s son.
They were all speechless and enquired what happened to the dog and why blood stains in the dog’s mouth was?
The babysitter told that the boy was about to get attacked by a wolf which roamed around the house, but luckily it was killed by the dog. She showed the dead wolf to them.
They felt so bad and offered first aid to the wounded dog.
Haste makes waste! Decisions made in hurry won’t be helpful. From www.kidsworldfun.com.
Did you know?
· Did you know most mathematical symbols were invented in the 16th century?
· Did you know what comes after million is billion, trillion, quadrillion, quintillion, sextillion, septillion, octillion and nonillion?
· Did you know more fresh mangoes are eaten around the world every day than any other fruit?
· Did you know watermelon can be classed as both a fruit and a vegetable?
· Did you know as a food, pumpkin can be baked, roasted, steamed or boiled?
1. Mr. Adams was walking along the sea shore. Suddenly it started drizzling and turned into a heavy rain. He wasn’t carrying any umbrella, not even any cap. He was completely wet and all his clothes were soaked in rain. Yet not even a single strand of his hair was wet! How was that possible?
2. People look at me all the time. I have a large vocabulary. I can teach people a lot of new things. I can be mysterious, funny, adventurous, romantic, scary, and sad. I tell stories. I can take people to other worlds. What am I?
3. Q: Take away my first letter, and I still sound the same. Take away my last letter, I still sound the same. Even take away my letter in the middle; I will still sound the same. I am a five letter word. What am I?
1. Mr. Adams was bald 2. A book 3. Empty
KIDS AND HEALTH
How to Avoid Mosquito Bites
The best way to avoid mosquito bites is to wear an insect repellent. Repellents that include one of these ingredients are best: 10% to 30% DEET, lemon eucalyptus, or picaridin. Ask a parent to help you apply them.
Since mosquitoes lay their eggs in water, it’s also a good idea to empty out buckets, flower pots, toys, and other things in your yard that may have collected water during a rainstorm.
And when it’s possible, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants to keep mosquitoes away from your skin. From www.kidshealth.org.
1. A decade is made up of how many years?
2. How many decades make a century?
3. What poisonous fluid do snakes inject into their victims?
4. What class of animals do spiders belong?
5. A man suffering from malaria is presumed to have been bitten by what insect?
1. 10 years 2. 10 decades 3. Venom 4. Arachnids 5. A mosquito
Kid of the week
Name: Emmanuel Tochukwu Ohakwe
Age: 6 years old
School: Grandville Academy, Life Camp, Abuja
Ambition: To be a medical doctor
Hobbies: Watching cartoons and reading books