CBN denies claims of fire outbreak
The Central Bank of Nigeria has denied earlier reports of fire outbreak at its headquarters in Abuja. The bank maintained that the thick smoke witnessed earlier in the day was from a faulty generator.According to the Acting Director, Corporate Communications of the bank, Mr. Isaac Okoroafor, the fumes from the faulty generator was mistakenly taken for smoke from fire. Okoroafor in a statement this evening said, "There is no fire incident at CBN head office. Reports that the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, head office building is on fire are false. "Passersby who saw a pall of exhaust from the generator house far away from the building apparently mistook the exhaust for fire smoke. "The CBN maintains a total security system that triggers safety alarms in the presence of smoke and so all fire engines and personnel received the alert only to discover that it was an unusual pall of exhaust." He assured that the affected generator has been rested while engineers are working to rectify the issues with the generator.
© 2015 The Abuja Inquirer | Newspaper. Designed by G E Springfield