SHORT STORY The greedy crocodile
The greedy crocodile
Once there was a crocodile. He was really hungry. He saw a boy. The boy had some meat in his hand. He decided he wanted to eat both the boy and his meat. He would trick the boy.
The crocodile said, "Oh! Little Boy! Could you please give me some meat?" The boy said, "Oh no, you will eat me" The crocodile said, "I promise, I won't eat you."
So the boy went near the crocodile to give him the meat. But, instead the crocodile tried to catch the boy. It caught just his arm.
There came a rabbit. It wanted to help the boy. It did help the boy. The crocodile wanted to eat the rabbit first, so he let go of the boy's arm.
The boy ran away and escaped and the rabbit too fled away. The cunning crocodile didn't get his dinner.
A Christmas Surprise
It was two days before Christmas. Harry, Cornelius, Monty and I were busy building a snowman when Fritz appeared with his little niece Emily and introduced her.
“Emily is from the South and has never seen snow before,” Fritz told us. “She doesn’t know much about our winters.”
It turned out that Emily didn’t know much about Christmas also. ”Who is Santa Claus, Waldo?” she asked me, shivering in the cold air.
“Santa Claus,” I explained, “brings presents and toys to human children at Christmas time.” “Does he bring presents to animal children also?” Emily asked.
Short Stories - Christmas Surprise_Pic2“Well,” I said, “he hasn’t been around this part of the forest for many years. I guess he is too busy visiting all the human children to have much time left for animals.”
“Do you think he will come if I write to him?” Emily asked. “I don’t think so,” said Monty. “I’ve never seen him, myself.” “Neither have I,” Harry added, shaking his head.
“You see. Santa Claus is only for human children,” Fritz said to Emily. “So forget about the whole idea. Let’s go home now before you catch a cold.” Fromhttp://www.kidsworldfun.com.
What is easy to get into, but hard to get out of?
I fly without wings, I cry without eyes. What am I?
People buy me to eat, but never eat me. What am I?
What disappears the moment you say its name?
What belongs to you but others use it more than you do?
What begins with T, ends with T and has T in it?
A boy fell off a 100 foot ladder. But he did not get hurt. Why?
1. Trouble 2. Clouds 3. Plates and cutleries 4. Silence 5. Your name 6. Teapot 7. He fell on the first step
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know a group of frogs is called an army?
Did you know a group of rhinos is called a crash?
Did you know a group of kangaroos is called a mob?
Did you know a group of whales is called a pod?
Did you know a group of geese is called a gaggle?
Did you know a group of owls is called a parliament?
KIDS AND HEALTH
When are the best times to wash your hands?
· When your hands are dirty
· Before eating or touching food (like if you're helping cook or bake, for example)
· After using the bathroom
· After blowing your nose or coughing
· After touching pets or other animals
· After playing outside
· Before and after visiting a sick relative or friend
Now you have the ‘when and the why’ of hand washing. But did you know that a lot of people don't know how to get their paws perfectly clean?
The next time you're told to step up to the sink and scrub up, remember these handy hints:
· Use warm water (not cold or hot) when you wash your hands.
· Use whatever soap you like. Some soaps come in cool shapes and colors or smell nice, but whatever kind gets you scrubbing is the kind you should use. Antibacterial soaps are OK to use, but regular soap works fine.
Work up some lather on both sides of your hands, your wrists, and between your fingers. Don't forget to wash around your nails. This is one place germs like to hide. Wash for about 10 to 15 seconds — about how long it takes to sing "Happy Birthday." (Sing it quickly two times or just once if you go nice and slow.)
Rinse and dry well with a clean towel. Fromhttp://kidshealth.org.
1. The principal export of Nigeria is?
2. The Tin Can Island Port is situated in?
3. The biggest desert in the world is?
4. The world’s oldest known city is?
5. Which country hosted the world cup in 2010?
1. Crude Oil 2. Apapa Lagos 3. Sahara Desert 4. Damascus 5. South Africa