KIDS AND HEALTH
10 Ways to Be a Good Sport
Here are some ways that you can show others what good sportsmanship is all about:
1. Be polite to everyone you're playing with and against. No trash talk — which means saying mean things while you're in the middle of a game.
2. Don't show off. Just play your best. If you're good, people will notice.
3. Tell your opponents "good game!" whether you've won or you've lost.
4. Learn the rules of the game. Show up for practices and games on time — even if you're the star of the team.
6. Listen to your coaches and follow their directions about playing.
7. Don't argue with an official if you don't agree with his or her call. If you don't understand a certain call, wait until after the game to ask your coach or the official to explain it to you.
8. Don't make up excuses or blame a teammate when you lose. Try to learn from what happened.
9. Be willing to sit out so other team members can get in the game — even if you think you're a better player.
10. Play fair and don't cheat.
Cheer for your teammates even if the score is 1,000 to 1! You could inspire a big comeback! From kidshealth.org.