Pastor Femi’s ARTICLE
BUILDING UP YOURSELF
"But you, beloved, build yourselves up [founded] on your most holy faith [[d]make progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], praying in the Holy Spirit "
The best thing that will happen to any believer is not to get stock in life. God did not leave us as destitutes neither in the dark, but He left us with the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is our comforter in whom we find solace. He is an energizer that quickens our spirit man for prayers, ranging from personal to intercessory for the emancipation of unbeatable results in our work and walk with God.
The Holy Spirit is a personality that if we do not study and understand his characteristics, we might end up being grieved or frustrated, thinking He does not answer prayers. The Holy Spirit is the third person out of the trinity and we are in his dispensation.
The dispensation of every progenitor comes with its own traits: God the Father came for creation, The Son (Jesus) came for our salvation, connecting humanity to divinity and The Holy Spirit came for the impartation of grace, as we are no longer under the law but grace.
"For ye are no longer under the law but under grace"(Romans 6:14).
In the things of the Spirit, your devotion: prayer and worship is simultaneous to the kind of edifice, that you will build. The things of the Spirit cannot be shortchanged with another methodology : A house is not built with sand or cement alone, there is a blending of all the required materials for the erection of the building, likewise the way of your commitment and diversity to the things of the Spirit is a reflection of your productivity in life.
The foundation of your building is a determinant of the construction: the foundation of the tallest buildings in the world can never be likened to the foundation of small buildings. The dogged and rugged the foundation, the tougher and solid the building.
Your daily conscious acts towards the things of the Spirit determines how magnificent your edifice. The foundation of a building is not devoid of one challenge or the other, which ranges from the test of soil, sand filling, cutting and burning of bushes and trees etc, but this is not enough reason to back out of the project but time to persist for results. Hence, the mono-syllabic vocabulary of praying in the Spirit should not make you discouraged, as the days of little beginnings be not despised but do not dwell on that way of prayer so the devil will not cheat you from the things yet untapped by praying in the Spirit.
Praying in the Spirit is very important for direction, discretion, precision, wisdom and knowledge. Praying in the Spirit is a command that can commandeer your life and destiny to the admiration we desire.
There are barriers on our way to achieve our desired plans and goals in life but we need a momentum that breaks through all odds . There is the field and track events during sports and one of the field event is high jump: this activity is performed by moving backward to gather momentum to be able to jump very high. Your spiritual altitude in life is determined by your attitude to spiritual activities.
Your actions are unbeatable by the wiles and darts of the devil, if God was carried along at the inception. You will win and not crash, if you learn to be still and pray in the Spirit.
Praying in the Spirit is a divine conversation and transaction between man and God of which your deposit determines your withdrawal at the point of need.
There are protocols and processes for the construction of a building, likewise in the Spirit, there are ways to contact and connect to be built up, so we will not sink and stink.
1. Addiction to the word of grace: (Acts 20:32) "And now [brethren], I commit you to God [I deposit you in His charge, entrusting you to His protection and care]. And I commend you to the Word of His grace [to the commands and counsels and promises of His unmerited favor]. It is able to build you up and to give you [your rightful] inheritance among all God's set-apart ones (those consecrated, purified, and transformed of soul)".
You are dedicated to what you are addicted to. The frivolities of life dissipates us but our renewal comes when we go back to the word of God. When you are addicted to God's word, your vocabulary will be increased for effective prayer life. Your prayer life is a reflection of your study life, vice-versa.
2. Separate yourself and intermeddle with wisdom: (Proverbs18:1) "He who willfully separates and estranges himself [from God and man] seeks his own desire and pretext to break out against all wise and sound judgment "
There is power in solitude. The wisdom contacted in prayer is not gotten by impartation but by seperation. You cannot separate yourself and depreciate in life.
3. Frequently pray in the Spirit: (1 Corinthians 14:1-2) "Eagerly PURSUE and seek to acquire [this] love [make it your aim, your great quest]; and earnestly desire and cultivate the spiritual endowments (gifts), especially that you may prophesy ([a]interpret the divine will and purpose in inspired preaching and teaching).For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God, for no one understands or catches his meaning, because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding]."
Praying in the Spirit is not a fun fair for the display of spiritual words and charisma but an intense petition unto God for answers over brooding issues of life. Praying in the Spirit brings to you mysteries (divine secrets) in the present and for the future.
4. Regularly seek to maintain a solitary life: (Genesis 24:63) "And Isaac went out to meditate and bow down [in prayer] in the open country in the evening; and he looked up and saw that, behold, the camels were coming".
A solitary life is simply a meditative life where instructions and projections are gotten for explosive impact. A life who diligently maintains solitude cannot end up a destitute.
5. Fight hard against slothful prayerlife: ( Matthew 11:12) "And from the days of John the Baptist until the present time, the kingdom of heaven has endured violent assault, and violent men seize it by force [as a precious prize--a [d]share in the heavenly kingdom is sought with most ardent zeal and intense exertion]."
People who trouble spiritual authorities a lot are those whose prayer life lacks content and zeal. Prayer is not palatable as it takes a lot of energy but is results are indelible. Your fight in prayer determines your flight.
The mason is not recognized and appreciated during the building but his accolades comes at the end when the edifice is completed, so your prayers recieves no divine attention until the right vocabulary is used and there are evidential results. Pray more, get more....